ncr810 problem on powerstack

Geert Uytterhoeven geert at linux-m68k.org
Fri Jan 19 18:54:15 EST 2001

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 09:44:07PM +0100, Alois Fertl wrote:
> > I tried the recent 2.4.1-pre1 kernel on a powerstack but the ncr810 based
> > SCSI code does not work. The driver complains about CACHE INCORRECTLY CONFIGURED.
> >
> > Anybody knows what this comes from. Attached if the full boot log of the system.
>
> Arrrgh, the same thing happens on my powerstack.
> I'd track this down, but
>
> a) I don't have time
> b) the machine is my mail server and runs the linuxppc_2_2 tree happily.

I saw a similar thing on my LongTrail (with '875 card) after I added a call to
pci_assign_unassigned_resources() to arch/ppc/kernel/pci.c (like PReP) did, and
before I fixed the test for ppc_md.pcibios_enable_device_hook.

Perhaps PReP doesn't like ppc_md.pcibios_enable_device_hook instead of
pci_assign_unassigned_resources?

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds