Problem with FEC on CLLF

Michel Lanners mlan at cpu.lu
Fri Jan 19 17:58:13 EST 2001

On   3 Jan, this message from gopi krishna echoed through cyberspace:
> If we connect this to our switch *through a
> hub*(100mbps half duplex), everything is working fine.
>
> If we connect this directly to the switch, both the
> switch and the cllf show the link status to be up and
> connected(100mbps, half duplex), but ping doesnt work.
>
> We have noticed that the switch recieves the
> packets(frames) that the cllf is sending on the fec
> port,  the switch is sending some frames to the cllf
> fec port, but cllf doesnt receive even a single frame.
>
> Any pointers to the possible problem/solution?

I have seen things like that happen with bad cables. 100 Mb/s is very
sensitive to cable quality. Use a good, commercial-grade pre-built
cable, not homemade.

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan at cpu.lu            |