kernel 2.4 SMP on quad PPC

eraineri at axiom-tx.com eraineri at axiom-tx.com
Fri Jan 19 06:50:19 EST 2001

Hello,
I have searched the arhives and didn't seem to find what I'm looking
for.  I currently am in the process of porting linux to a custom PPC
Quad board.  I downloaded a 2.5 kernel  from FSMlabs in December and
have had success getting 2 processors to come up.  However, I could not
get 3 or 4.  I am considering going to the 2.4 latest kernel on the
FSMlabs bitkeeper site.  I'm wondering if the version of the 2.5 kernel
I downloaded works with more then duals and also if I should instead
download the 2.4 kernel and us it?  I know that eventually I am going to
have to go to 2.4 but I would like to show some success before
abandoning the 2.5 version I've worked so hard to get.  If I in the
incorrect mailing list I apologize.  I'm fairly new to the Linux kernel
development world!

Thanks for all the help
Eddy