Fighting with Sonnet g3/l2 upgrade

Keith Clayton clay-ton at pacbell.net
Mon Jan 15 11:54:54 EST 2001

Nope, the Sonnet card isn't providing an IDE interface.  But that got me
thinking.  Is it possible that the l2 card is grabbing the interrupt in
question? Is there some way to check what interrupt values are being used
in the MacOS?  I can't check the Sonnet card in linux b/c linux won't boot
with it activated.  I do know that my ide interface is using interrupt 13.

Ohare based bridge.  I did some checking in the ide-pmac.c code and it
it appears that 13 is "picked out of the air".  Could this be the source of
the problem . . that the card utilizes an interrupt that matches the ide
interface?  Since the card isn't on the pci bus any sort of resource
management is out the window.

Now, supposing I were to go into ide-pmac and hard code an interrupt of 14
for the ohare bridge, rather than 13.  Are there other places in the code
that I need to worry about this (14 is a free irq according to
/proc/interrupts when I boot sans Sonnet card).

Thanks for taking the time to help figure out what's up with this.

Cheers,
Keith

--
Keith Clayton
clay-ton at pacbell.net

"If you don't trust me with your source code,
            why should I trust you with my computer?"

GPG key: http://home.pacbell.net/clay-ton/keith_public_key.html
         http://www.keyserver.net

GPG fingerprint: 0C47 F1A1 0434 588C 9457  D53F D86A 5449 43F6 09A0