ibook sound, limping mixer

Iain Sandoe iain at sandoe.co.uk
Thu Jan 11 01:29:47 EST 2001

on  Wed, Jan 10, 2001, Christof Petig wrote:
> Conrad H Ziesler wrote:
>> in case this is of any use to anyone:
> Yes, I'm very interested. Since I actually started looking into the
> specs and sources, but did not find the time to start coding the same.

so am I (of course).  I've taken a copy over to my devl area - and I will
figure out how to include it into the next stage of dmasound devl soon.

>> since the dac3550a has write-only i2c registers, its pretty hard to debug
>> the i2c interface.  probably if someone puts an oscilloscope probe on the
>> i2c bus signals it should all become clear.
>>
> I would recommend a logic analyzer or better an i2c analyzer. I have an
> oscilloscope but I would not dare to try reading i2c signals by hand.

well, I have a storage scope (which would possibly do it) [I don't run to a
logic analyser]

- but more fundamental problem - no iBook - if someone in the UK (unless
someone from elsewhere is prepared to ship one) wants to lend one - I'll see
what I can do... it's not a machine I can justify buying at the moment.

[my test set is G3/Beige, Lombard, 9600/233, and, when I get the disk
re-partitioned G4/500].

ciao,
Iain.