problems when recompiling dmasound modules

Michel Dänzer michdaen at iiic.ethz.ch
Sat Jan 6 02:10:58 EST 2001

Iain Sandoe wrote:

> > so they rely on `make oldconfig' and `make dep' instead...
>
> vi Makefile, change EXTRAVERSION to append -ids (my usual kinda practice)...
>
> make oldconfig dep vmlinux modules
>
>  - builds dmasound_core & dmasound_awacs
>
> make_install creates a new /lib/modules/2.4.0-test13-pre3-ids and the
> modules appear to be installed...
>
> so... it seems to work for me.

The problem only shows up when I boot the new kernel and try to insmod the
dmasound modules, have you tried that?

If make dep is always needed after make oldconfig that may be the problem as I
also rely on make oldconfig telling me if I have to do that. (real men, you
know ;)

I'll report back when I've had the chance to test that.

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and The DRI Project