problems when recompiling dmasound modules

Iain Sandoe iain at sandoe.co.uk
Thu Jan 4 20:56:34 EST 2001

> Whenever I rebuild my linux-pmac-devel tree when the kernel version changed I
> get bitten by this:
> The sound modules don't get rebuilt so their version doesn't match the kernel
> version and they can't be insmoded.
> I can investigate to find a solution myself but I figured it should be easier
> for Geert or one of the other dmasound hackers to fix it.

I just did (after an absence of nearly six months ;-) :

rsync ppc.samba.og::linux-pmac-devel - which picked up 2.4.0-t13-p3
make mrproper
make menuconfig (selected, amongst other things, sound card support built
in, pmac sound as module)
make dep vmlinux modules modules_install
  - I saw it compile the damsound_core, dmasound_awacs
copied the kernel to my MacOS partition...
rebooted
modprobe dmasound_awacs

and viola!
it seemed to work as before...

(so maybe that wasn't what you were saying at all ;-)

ciao,
Iain.