r128 DRI driver now fully functional on PPC

Timothy A. Seufert tas at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 27 21:03:33 EST 2001

At 9:28 PM +1100 2/26/01, Gareth Hughes wrote:
>Michel Dänzer wrote:
>>
>>  First I thought I'd stand corrected, but on second thought - it looks for
>>  /usr/X11R6-DRI/lib/modules/dri/r128_dri.so on my machine (if ProjectRoot is
>>  /usr/X11R6-DRI), but /usr/X11R6-DRI/lib isn't in ld.so.conf . It even looks
>>  there if I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the exports/lib directory in the
>>build tree.
>>
>>  Am I still not getting it? :)
>
>Sorry, my mistake.  libGL.so opens $MODULEDIR/dri/r128_dri.so, where
>$MODULEDIR is defined by the Imakefiles (and would be
>/usr/X11R6-DRI/lib/modules in your case).  So, the problem may be that
>the wrong libGL.so is being picked up -- and this *is* an ld.so.conf
>problem.

Could the Imakefiles have been broken by the following options in site.def?

#define NothingOutsideProjectRoot YES
#define EtcX11Directory ProjectRoot/etc

I enabled (uncommented) both of these since I thought it might be a
good idea to force X to be completely self-contained within
ProjectRoot.

I just tried a build without these options and it seems to clear up
the library problem.  After doing so I have only two differences from
the config files in CVS: I set ProjectRoot and disabled Glide3.  So
it's entirely possible that setting Nothing... and/or EtcX11Dir...
caused the compiled-in default library search path you describe to
get mangled.

I still have the problem with keyboard/mouse input being ignored once
a GL app starts.  A friend suggested disabling DGA, but that didn't
help.  I do notice this message popping in the system logs, repeated
numerous times:

[drm:drm_lock_take] *ERROR* 1 holds heavyweight lock

   Tim Seufert