Got Pismo firewire working

Daniel Berlin dberlin at redhat.com
Mon Feb 26 17:31:31 EST 2001

I finally got around to making firewire work on the Powerbook
Pismo.I posted patches to linux1394-devel at lists.sourceforge.net (look
at the  sourceforge mailing list archives).  SBP-2 (what is used for hard
drives/cd-rw's/scanners/etc) doesn't quite work yet. It
detects my 2 firewire hard drives, gets all the info about them right,
and logs into them successfully (it's an sbp-2 thing, for our purposes
it means it's talking to them right, and they are talking back right),
but when it tries to send the scsi commands to read/write, it just times out.
Probably a small endianess issue somewhere.

However, gscanbus and other tools happily show the bus topology
correctly, read/write blocks/quads from the nodes, etc.

If someone has a digital camera or something that doesn't need SBP-2,
it'll probably work.

digital video probably will work too.

--Dan