ppc initrd problem?

Thomas Graichen news-innominate.list.linux.ppc.dev at innominate.de
Sun Feb 25 20:06:22 EST 2001

Takashi Oe <toe at unlserve.unl.edu> wrote:

> On 25 Feb 2001, Thomas Graichen wrote:

> [...]
>> thanks a lot - btw. also tried it with 16M - same thing - compressed
>> initrd image hangs and an uncompressed loads but seems to have only
>> trash in it ("cannot find init" while /sbin/init is definitely in it)

> You may want to make the ramdisk under 2.2.x kernel or 2.4.2+loop fixes.
> I've seen some loop device problem reports in linux-kernel, and it could
> be contributing to your problem.

i know - but i tested the images on a normal running system both
via loopback mount and via dd to ramdisk and mount of it - both
were perfectly fine - also an fsck -f of the image file is com-
pletely ok

i did some more trying now: it seems to work with 16M (maybe with more
too) if the image is only lightly loaded - but if i fill the 16M
more it hangs at boot with

p.s.: this is yaboot 0.8.SuSE btw.

thomas.graichen at innominate.com
                                                         innominate AG