ppc initrd problem?

Thomas Graichen news-innominate.list.linux.ppc.dev at innominate.de
Sun Feb 25 19:33:49 EST 2001

Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:

>>is there any known problem with initrd's on the ppc?
>>
>>i am currently trying to get a small initrd based standalone system
>>working on the ppc like i did for the i386
>>
>>  http://innominate.org/~graichen/projects/miniroot/
>>
>>to make the playing around with the xfs filesystem a bit more
>>comfortable but it does not really boot on the ppc (new world
>>mac, 2.4.1 kernel, SuSE 7.0/ppc) ...

> It's a 32Mb initrd ? Well, it's possible that it gets broken then. I'm
> not sure yaboot support such a large ramdisk. I'll give it a look.

thanks a lot - btw. also tried it with 16M - same thing - compressed
initrd image hangs and an uncompressed loads but seems to have only
trash in it ("cannot find init" while /sbin/init is definitely in it)

thomas.graichen at innominate.com
                                                         innominate AG
                                                  the linux architects
tel: +49-30-308806-13   fax: -77             http://www.innominate.com