OT: Where do I send a PPC centric XF4 patch?

William Blew wblew at home.com
Tue Feb 20 08:51:21 EST 2001

First, if this is offtopic I apologize...

I am putting the finishing touches on a patch to the XF4 tree that
provides for:

1) Fixup the "ati" driver so that it doesn't SIGSEGV on the PPC
   when the XFree86 server doesn't support loadable modules. I.E>

	in "xc/config/cf/host.def" "DoLoadableServer NO" appears

   I found that this made debugging XF4 under PPC very doable..

2) Add hardware cursor support for mach64 to the "ati" driver.

   While this support whould work on an x86, I have a pmac ;-)

Questions:

1) Where do I send this patch? It is based on the 4.0.2-ie source from
linuxppc.org that included the PPC drivers' support. Do I just send it
to fixes at xfree.org? Or perhaps to one of the PPC developers here on
this list, for integration into the ongoing PPC drivers' work?

2) Is there an xfree.org contributor on this mailing list who is willing
to take such patches and incorporate them into the ongoing XF4 (PPC) work
and/or pass them on the appropriate people?

Or, just let me who those people are and I'll pass such things on to them
myself.

Given that this is the first interesting patch I have produced I am still
a little undertain as to how these things typically work...

Thanks in advance.
William Blew, wblew at home.com
Gamer by Choice, Geek by Birth