why there is NOT support for FADS board ?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Feb 20 04:57:31 EST 2001

In message <033b01c09a52$e88f11e0$bf0102c8 at sc.mcel.mot.com> you wrote:

> I can see supports for MBX, RPXLITE, RPXCLASSIC, etc.
> but why not FADS support in linux ppc ?

Speaking just for myself: I always like to work in environments where
the chance of hardware  problems  is  minimal.  I'm  making  mistakes
enough  myself,  so  I  don't  need  unreliable hardware as a compli-
cation. From what I've seen so far, I don't think the FADS  board  is
the  most  reliable  piece  of hardware around. It may have been even
worse, with improvements lately. I don't really know -  and  I  don't
care any more. I've been burned once, that's enough.

I guess others feel similar.

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft ...  and  the
only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor.
                                                 -- Wernher von Braun