ltrace for ppc

Iain Sandoe iain at sandoe.co.uk
Sat Feb 17 08:10:08 EST 2001

> If you're interested in ltrace, you may want to take a look at the
> Linux trace toolkit (http://www.opersys.com/LTT). It runs fine
> on PPC too.

I'm *very* interested in any toolkit that can provide point-to-point
_timing_ of system calls, IRQ handling, system usage. latency etc. etc. (a
la TIMEPEGS or Andrew Morton's amlat on x86).

what do we have (existing) on PPC?

I did an IRQ latency thing on 2.2.x and Cort has proposed using RTlinux to
make IRQ measurements (well, I think he's done it, actually)...  that will
give headlines - but not tell us which drivers/functions are the rouges.

I was considering doing a port of Andrew Morton's stuff - but got stuck when
I tried to run with HZ=1024 - it trashed adb... and I haven't got back to it
yet.

ciao,
Iain