some kernel patches I have (vs. kinda recent BK-2.4)

Joseph P. Garcia jpgarcia at execpc.com
Sat Feb 17 05:47:20 EST 2001

Attached are some patches I have against a slightly modified BK linuxppc_2_4 rsync from february 9th.  The modifications not included here are the standard 2.4 crypto and Iain Sandoe's dmasound patch, #21 IIRC.

Figured these should get out there sooner or later so people can test, review, rewrite, get ideas from, or otherwise ignore.

bmac.patch:
  -if compiled in, powers off bmac when not in use. could be modified to work with module as well if take care not to completely disable IO before removing module
  -bmac Tx patch as listed before.  appears to work in crossover and some other non-switched situations.  nothing new in the other patch.

ictc.patch:
  -instruction cache throttling control /proc entry for 2.4.  just for fun i guess.  nothing new

pcmcia.patch:
  -wallstreet ejection support in 2.4 using Yenta socket (seems to need yenta)
  -miscelaneus ISA fix

temp.patch:
  -/proc/cpu temperature support, still uses the asm in misc.S, which should eventually be macros (according to comment)

misc.patch:
  -my extraversion in Makefile (VolTemIc = volume,temperature,ictc; pcmcia added with JPG02)
  -PCIBIOS_MIN_MEM change so my video control doesn't sit at 256M address and panic my system.  (i haven't found where to put the ATI resource fix.  pmac_pcibios_fixup doesnt seem to run, and quirks.c in HEADER mode doesn't do it completely.  help?)

volume.patch:
  -powerbook volume button control using new input layer.  used to be based on backlight code, now different.  only works once soundcard has been used; key emulation seems broken.  Supports dmasound as a module. (module is the only way I think sound chip can be turned off, saving power)

That's it.  I should be putting these on my page sooner or later. (click on dancing Yurika)

--
Joseph P. Garcia
http://www.execpc.com/~jpgarcia