mmu_context_overflow

christopher.murtagh at wcg.mcgill.ca christopher.murtagh at wcg.mcgill.ca
Fri Feb 16 07:34:19 EST 2001

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Dan Malek wrote:
>Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
>>
>> I found this in my kernel message log:
>>
>> | mmu_context_overflow
>>
>> running 2.4.1 from January 31 on a CHRP LongTrail with 604e.
>
>I'm assuming this occurred just once.  It's really no big deal
>(except it is a one-time overhead to invalidate all contexts).
>If it continues to happen, let me know and I'll ask for more
>system information.

 I just saw this message for the first time on one of my machines (G4/450)
as well. I've been getting a lot of 'eth0: transmit timed out, resetting'
which would freeze the network in kernel 2.2.17 (I'm now running 2.2.18,
which seems to survive it). My machine is taking on about 120,000 http
requests per hour though and there doesn't seem to be any effect on the
performance. Is this something I should worry about?

 Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris

http://www.mcgill.ca/secretaboutbox/