ltrace for ppc

Daniel Jacobowitz dmj+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Feb 16 04:48:01 EST 2001

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 08:10:00AM +1100, Anton Blanchard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> ltrace is a cool little program for tracing library calls. I ported it
> to ppclinux a while ago but the ltrace maintainer seems to have ignored
> my patch.
>
> For anyone interested the patch can be found at:
>
> http://linuxcare.com.au/anton/patches/ltrace_ppc_patch
>
> It should apply cleanly to the latest source (I got mine from the debian
> archive).

You did?  Wow!  I spent ages trying to do this...

Oh, looking at your patch I remember what happened.  It's a bloody
miracle that ltrace works at all on any architecture; the PLT tricks
that the PPC plays are not at all uncommon, as I recall.  I got
derailed trying to make it insert breakpoints at the proper time.

Thanks for the patch; I'll probably keep bugging the author about
this...

Dan

|         dan at debian.org         |  |       dmj+ at andrew.cmu.edu      |