PCMCIA on a Pismo with pcmcia-cs-3.1.24

Albrecht Dreß ad at mpifr-bonn.mpg.de
Mon Feb 12 22:20:36 EST 2001

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> >>         Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=32
> >
> >These entries look suspicious, and they do not work for sure with our pismos.
>
> These are correct for a 2.2 kernel. 2.4 will have something like
> primary=01, secondary=02, ...

The working config on the Lombard is

00:13.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCI1211
	[...]
        Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=04, sec-latency=176

and on the Pismo

00:1a.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCI1211
	[...]
        Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=04, sec-latency=32

These are the same bus settings as with MacOS, but I must admit that I do not
know exactly what they are for... The default values with the unpatched kernel
if booting with yaboot do not work at all, at least with the 2.2.x series.

Albrecht.