context overflow

David Edelsohn dje at watson.ibm.com
Fri Feb 9 08:14:28 EST 2001

> On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, David Edelsohn wrote:

>> We really need to get more IBM PowerPC and kernel VMM experts
>> involved to explore the best design given the Linux kernel's abstractions
>> and limitations in the VMM space.

Roman> There is certainly room for improvement, but slowly I'd really like to
Roman> know why the Linux vmm should be/is the limiting part?

	I did not say that Linux VMM is the limiting part, I said that the
design needs to work within the Linux VMM limitations.  The Linux VMM
still uses the x86 page table design as a basis for its abstraction
layer.  Not all processors match that configuration.

David