MESH not found with 2.4.1 on 7500

Vincent Favre-Nicolin Vincent.Favre-Nicolin at cryst.unige.ch
Fri Feb 9 04:59:13 EST 2001

    I don't know if that's related, but I have a 7300 and
also had some problem with the internal SCSI.

    The internal bus can do 10 Mo/s, so in 2.2 kernels I
always used this value instead of the default 5 Mo/s. Now
when I tried to use 2.4, I could not boot with the same
modification. The SCSI is well recognized (I don't have the
dmesg here), but when trying to read the disk it stopped by
saying something like /dev/sdb: READ capacity failed.

    I never had this with 2.2, and 2.4 with the default max
speed of 5 Mo/s works fine. Note that I mostly use another
disk on an UW Formac card, so it's not important to me.

--
Vincent Favre-Nicolin                http://www.unige.ch/crystal/favrev/
Laboratoire de Cristallographie      Phone: +41 (22) 702 60 79