agpgart? or how to use dri?

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Fri Feb 2 09:53:06 EST 2001

On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 12:29:39PM +0100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> The current agpgart driver won't work on PPC, the Apple AGP host bridge
> is not supported.

so I guessed

> The new DRI support announced by Gareth is using the PCI GART which
> doesn't need the AGP capabilities.

makes sense

> Don't enable either AGP or DRI in your
> kernel, and build the kernel r128 DRM module from XFree sources.

I didnt, but as mentioned when I dont have AGP gart enabled in the kernel
make in the kernel module directory in the X Free source tree only makes
tdfx, it fdoesnt do r128 or anything else.

> You need
> to use the CVS branch posted earlier by Gareth.

I am using that branch.

> I slightly hacked my own
> to build since I lack the glide libs necessary for the 3dfx stuff to compile.

what does glide have to do with this? isnt that only used with tdfx?

So where do I find out about pci gart and how to make the r128 driver
compile using it? Should I simply read through the Makefil and the r128 code
and ifnd the stuff related to pci gart and enable anything there possibly
turned off or some such?

	See You
	    Steve

--