continuing XF402 (atimisc) problems

Stefan Jeglinski jeglin at 4pi.com
Thu Feb 1 16:41:46 EST 2001

>  >I've been over this on the -user list and the YDL list, and cc-ed Ani
>>a few times with it (no response). No one seems to have a clue as to
>>the cause of the problem, which is described concisely at:
>>
>><http://lists.linuxppc.org/listarcs/linuxppc-user/200101/msg00672.html>
>>
>>(more detail available if necessary)
>>
>>This is on a 6500 (on-board RageII) with a RagePro PCI card. I have
>>tried rolling my own XF402 build, with Ani's driver updates, and get
>>the exact same XFree log result. I've also tried several of kfukui's
>>402 rpms, including use of his "old drivers," again with exactly the
>>same result.
>
>Check that you have the correct fbdevhw module and that it's loaded in
>your XF86Config file.

I tried adding

	Load	"fbdevhw"

in the Modules section of XF86Config-4. There appeared to be no error
from this in the XF log, but I still got the same atimisc failure
(both 2.2.18 and 2.4.1). I'm not sure how I would check if fbdevhw is
the right version. I assume it is, simply because my attempts to
build XF402 seem to behave consistently, and I doubt kfukui has
constructed his several versions of rpm incorrectly. Granted, these
may be not good reasons to trust I have the right version :-)

Stefan Jeglinski