mesh SCSI bus locks hard on 7500 when burning a CD-R in dao mode

Chris Boot bootc at worldnet.fr
Thu Feb 1 03:40:24 EST 2001

>> It might be something PPC specific as well and have nothing to do with
>> Paul's drivers.
>
> This is why I asked in a previous email whether anyone had ever burned
> a disk in DAO mode successfully on a pmac or in fact on any powerpc
> machine, but I've received no responses.  Hmm, maybe I should try to
> conduct a quick survey of this on linuxppc-user and/or debian-powerpc.

Well, I can't write a dao disk on my Panasonic CW-7502.  cdrecord complains
that it can't send the cue sheet, but the SCSI bus doesn't die in any way, I
can still mount and use disks on it afterwards (I only have the built-in
CD-ROM and my CD-R on it).  I can provide exactly what cdrecord says and any
other info if you wish.

This is on a Performa 5400/180 with an early pull of the 2.4.0 kernel from
bk.  Everything seems to be working fine, except for this (which isn't too
important for me).

Good luck,

--
    .-.        Chris Boot