7450 bugs & fixes

Timothy A. Seufert tas at mindspring.com
Sat Dec 15 07:41:52 EST 2001

At 8:19 PM +0100 12/14/01, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

>I don't neither, they didn't give me any detail. Could they catch
>icache misses on the bus and delay incoming tlbie (freezing the emitter)
>when that happen ? I don't know the bus protocol ...

Take this with a grain of salt (*), but I don't recall anything in
the bus protocol which could be used to identify whether a particular
busrt is filling an icache or a dcache miss, much less whether it's
an icache miss which happened during a tablewalk.  It all looks the
same to the outside world.

(*) I've designed hardware, but it was a 750cx and 8260 system and
therefore plain old 60x bus, not MAXbus like the systems in question.
Also, I wasn't the one who had to get deep into the the 60x bus
protocol.  That said, I don't remember anything in 60x which could
identify *why* a transfer was happening, and whenever I've skimmed
over MAXbus docs it looks a lot like a better version of 60x.
--
Tim Seufert