7450 bugs & fixes

Christopher Murtagh christopher.murtagh at mcgill.ca
Fri Dec 14 16:17:00 EST 2001

Once upon a time, BenH wrote:
> After reading the 7450 errata book, I'm now trying to figure out what
>need to be done for our kernel to work properly on these. I'd appreciate
>any input from other people here as some of the errata exact
>consequences aren't that clear to me.

 Could this be the reason why my Dual 800 is crashing a lot? It is running
2.4.17-pre2, PostgreSQL 7.1, Apache 1.3.20 with 1GB of RAM, 512 MB swap
and hardly gets any work. This machine has crashed hard probably about 5
times in the last 2 weeks and I can't find anything in the logs (not sure
where else to look).

 Is anyone running this machine successfully or have the same experiences
as me? Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh