fetch_and_add() available on PPC Linux?

rayson_ho at hongkong.com rayson_ho at hongkong.com
Thu Dec 6 14:56:48 EST 2001

I am porting a threads library to PPC Linux... Since some applications depend on it, I can't easily switch to pthreads.

The library uses fetch_and_add(), which is available on AIX. I tried to compile it on PPC Linux, but failed to link.

I compiled the code on AIX with -S. Then I examined the assembly listing, and found that fetch_and_add() is a lib/OS call.

I would like to know if PPC Linux has something similar to fetch_and_add() on AIX, if not, are there any workarounds??

Thanks,
Rayson

 Åwªï¨Ï¥ÎHongKong.com¶l¥ó¨t²Î
 Thank you for using hongkong.com Email system