Rage128 support for resolutions less than panel resolution?

Derrik Pates dpates at dsdk12.net
Wed Dec 5 05:15:52 EST 2001

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Kevin B.Hendricks wrote:

> This should work to change your resolution to whatever you want as long as
> the "scaling register code" patch I saw fly by recently (a couple of weeks
> ago) actually made it into the aty128fb.c code yet.

Ah. I looked back through the folder I have for this list - turns out I
still had the message with the patch tacked on in the box! Yay! I'm
rebuilding the kernel (2.4.17-pre2-ben0, so no, it's not even in Ben's
tree yet) as I type, so hopefully this will make 640x480 work acceptably
on this iBook. It'd be nice for running MoL fullscreen, without having to
run it in 800x600 all the time...

Derrik Pates      |   Sysadmin, Douglas School   |    #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates at dsdk12.net |     District (dsdk12.net)    |    #linuxOS on OPN