firewire screwup

Ethan Benson erbenson at alaska.net
Thu Aug 30 09:28:19 EST 2001

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 06:10:15PM +0200, Marcus O.C. Metzler wrote:

> Ethan Benson writes:
>  >
>  > i did something like that once as well, removing the battery did me no
>  > good whatsoever.  only entering the backup OpenFirmware image worked
>  > and allowed me to reset the nvram.
>  >

> So, how do I do that?

boot while holding the interupt switch, in the same manner as if you
were performing a firmware upgrade, except keep it down even after the
long tone is heard, after a certain ammount of time you can i think
press command option p r (to reset the nvram) or command option o f to
enter OF.  im not sure of the details, when i did it had a black
screen after the tone, i pressed command option p r and it immediatly
rebooted and all was fine after that.  previously no keyboard input
was accepted at all, all i had was a startup tone, black screen and
nothing.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/