glibc 2.1 -> 2.2 gotchas?

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Sun Aug 26 08:42:33 EST 2001

On Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 12:31:37AM +0200, Michel D?nzer wrote:

> > What I recommend won't hurt and can certainly help flush older shared
> > libraries out of memory.
>
> The point is probably that in the Debian packages, the maintainer scripts take
> care of the necessary steps, so the user doesn't have to.

This always got me tho...  If a program is already running, how do you
make it stop using the old libraries?  If 'restarting' /sbin/init makes it
reload, I'll take your word at it.  But what about all of the other apps that
happen to be running?  The bash session I happen to be doing this upgrade
from.  Or X (yes, in an ideal world, you goto single user to do this
anyhow.. :))

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/