XFree86 4.1 with clgenfb framebuffer

Ani Joshi ajoshi at shell.unixbox.com
Sun Aug 26 03:26:48 EST 2001

I assume you are using the unaccelerated "fbdev" driver, which uses the
shadow framebuffer by default.  To turn it off you must add:

Option "ShadowFB" "no"

As for DPMS, I doubt you are in a DPMS mode unless your dpms settings in
your XF86Config file are really off.  The "fbdev" uses the console _blank
functions for DPMS.

Something to look into is that make sure you're using 8bpp in your
XF86Config and make sure clgenfb has a proper palette setup.

ani