Internal airport card works (was Re: Internal airport card not working? (2.4.6-benh))

Jeremy Radlow jtr at sourcerers.com
Sun Aug 19 10:46:05 EST 2001

Just following up on a month old problem...

As I discovered, the problem was that I had to explicitly turn off encryption
via iwconfig.  I don't know whether the problem is in the card's firmware
(which I haven't updated yet) or in the driver initialization, but the
airport card works great under 2.4.6, and of course under the latest kernel
- 2.4.9-benh0.

-Jeremy

p.s. from /etc/network/interfaces:

auto eth1
iface eth1 inet static
         address 192.168.1.13
         netmask 255.255.255.0
         network 192.168.1.0
         broadcast 192.168.1.255
         gateway 192.168.1.1
         up iwconfig eth1 key off
         up iwconfig eth1 essid "Apple Network xxxxxx"
         up iwconfig eth1 mode Managed