PCI IDE Adapter for PPC/Linux

James F Dougherty jfd at GigabitNetworks.COM
Tue Aug 14 06:07:50 EST 2001

Thanks Matt,

Turning on/off the UDMA feature doesn't seem to have any affect.

Earlier, Ben sent out an email regarding the IDE controller setup
which merits some investigation. Perhaps this is why it is not
working, also, I cannot see any dev entries under /dev/ide/
despite the fact that there is a 100GB WDC ATA disk on the other
end of the adapter .

What else should I look at? Also, assuming this is a brand new
drive (without any partitions on it), should I boot the disk under
DOS and run fdisk to set up an initial MBR?

Why can't I simply run fdisk on /dev/hda and set this up? -- because
there is no /dev/hda or /dev/ide/xx devices showing up with
devfsd running!

Also, how come it is not running in Native mode? Does anyone know what
the changes are to the pdc driver to enable this?

BTW, I would gladly pay MVista for support, If I had the budget for
this sort of thing ... unfortunately, I don't at this point in time :-(

Thoughts?

				Thanks,
				-James