pmu_suspend/resume

Ira Weiny iweiny at acm.org
Sun Aug 12 13:57:07 EST 2001

I have been using pmu_suspend and pmu_resume to keep my TiBook from
turning off when debugging some kernel stuff.  Is this ok?

The reason I ask is that pmu_suspend seems to have the desired effect,
temporarily turning off the PMU.  But pmu_resume does not seem to leave
the PMU in a stable state.  Now I realize that I am debuging a kernel
and that it could/probably is other factors which are causing these
problems but I just wanted to make sure that there is not some better
way of disabiling the PMU or that I might be using these functions
incorrectly.

Basically:

pmu_suspend();

/* suspicious/known bad code here */