How about a few symlinks.....

Matt Porter mporter at mvista.com
Wed Aug 8 07:04:10 EST 2001

On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 04:59:22PM -0400, Dan Malek wrote:

> While editing some Makefiles I was wondering what people thought
> of using symlinks to processor dependent files instead of nested
> ifdefs in Makefiles?
>
> For starters, make arch/ppc/kernel/head.S a symlink to the appropriate
> one in that directory, and derive the name to use from one of the
> config options.  I thought I would ask before demonstrating the change.

I like the general concept.  I was suggesting the general idea for header
files to Tom Rini recently since I really like how clean it makes things
in include/asm-arm where there are include/asm-arm/arch-???? directories.
Although their overall software architecture is different and we'd need
some changes, I think it's a great cleanup goal.

--
Matt Porter
MontaVista Software, Inc.
mporter at mvista.com