DRI on an iBook2

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Sun Aug 5 07:09:59 EST 2001

Hi,

On PPC, we can't use AGP GART because of the lack of documentation for
the chipsets Apple uses on its motherboards. But we have PCI GART.

Grab the DRM modules sources here: http://xfree86.org/~alanh/

Compile, insmod r128.o, modify your XF86Config to include the dri,
glcore and glx modules, and use 16bpp by default (the iBook2 doesn't
have enough video ram to do OpenGL at 1024x768 at 24bpp).

Start X-Windows and you should be set ;)

glxinfo's first lines will tell you if you got DRI to work.

Cheers

PS: If you want to see my XF86Config-4, tell me, I'll post it on my site.