airport reset on iBook2

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Aug 1 09:10:32 EST 2001

>> What is your card's firmware version ? (displayed by the driver during
>> boot). You may want to go to MacOS, upgrade to Apple's latest airport
>> software, and back to linux. This will upgrade your card's firmware to
>> the latest version provided by Apple, which might help.
>
>erm, as I said, I have a Lucent card and a x86 box.  There is no MacOS
>and I don't want to write an AirPort firmware to the Lucent card.

Oops, sorry about that. Well, what is your firmware version anyway ?

I know some have problems, and it may be wise to update using
Lucent x86 based updaters. (Or maybe it's a too-new firmware you
are running). You should really ask Jean Tourrihles or Daniel
Gibson as they know much more about these issues.

Ben.