Bogus interrupt -1

Tony Mantler nicoya at apia.dhs.org
Mon Apr 23 22:18:01 EST 2001

At 4:52 AM -0500 4/23/2001, Lars Brinkhoff wrote:
>Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh at kernel.crashing.org> writes:
>> >At first, the first six or so messages appeared, but everything seemed
>> >fine.  Later, the last messages appeared, and it seemed like one of
>> >the two processors in my 2001 Dual G4 had wedged.  According to "top",
>> >there was always at least 50% idle time.
>> Did you enable distribution of IRQs to all CPUs ?
>> I don't think it's completely safe yet.
>
>Yes, IRQ distribution was enabled.  I disabled it, and now the
>messages don't appear any more.  However, it still seems like one CPU
>hangs after some time.

A friend of mine is having trouble with one CPU hanging in his dual G4
under MacOS X. You may want to check to make sure you don't have a hardware
problem.

The symptoms are pretty much (from what he's told me): The system runs for
a while, then one of the CPUs goes off into la-la land never to return
again. Not very complicated.

Cheers - Tony 'Nicoya' Mantler :)

--
Tony "Nicoya" Mantler - Renaissance Nerd Extraordinaire - nicoya at apia.dhs.org