XF4, SysRq, VT, mouse buttons, Keymaps and all that

Tony Mantler nicoya at apia.dhs.org
Wed Apr 18 22:24:35 EST 2001

At 7:03 AM -0500 4/18/2001, Iain Sandoe wrote:
[...]
>I guess we could use <CNTL>-power as the SysRq modifier - but it starts to
>become a little unwieldy - because you need to hold down three keys to get
>the SysRq action (well, you do now as it happens)...
>
>so, perhaps, <CNTL>-<Power>-k etc.
>
>thoughts?

On my Apple Adjustable keyboard, control and power are about as far away
from eachother as you can get and still be on the same keyboard. Not
exactly 2-of-3-key-combo material. I don't have very small hands, but even
on my AppleDesign, it's a bit of a stretch.

Also, what happens if someone wants to hook up a PC USB keyboard to their
mac? Obviously not generating an NMI is a given, but no access to SAK is
avoidable. (Also can't forget non-mac PPCs)

Cheers - Tony 'Nicoya' Mantler :)

--
Tony "Nicoya" Mantler - Renaissance Nerd Extraordinaire - nicoya at apia.dhs.org
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada           --           http://nicoya.feline.pp.se/