XF4, SysRq, VT, mouse buttons, Keymaps and all that

Michel Dänzer michdaen at iiic.ethz.ch
Wed Apr 18 08:15:03 EST 2001

Iain Sandoe wrote:

> I haven't been able to try Ani's patch yet - the xfree86.org cvs server
> pings - but no response yet today to cvs login :-(

Yup, seems to be down again. :( Can you try the other methods or a mirror?

> ati (mach64): (G3/beige, 2.4.4-pre3)
>
> a kludge of putting the 4.0.99.1-0f libfbdevhw.a library into the latest
> code gives me ati accel.

The only changes between 4.0.99.1 and .2 there are an added function and two
cast changes from unsigned int to unsigned long, so I suspect the version that
works for you has been patched. I'd be interested to see those patches and
possibly include them for the 4.1.0 release.

> Michel's advice to "option XkbDisable" gives partial functionality (VT
> switches, server re-start).... but... with no mouse button emulation or
> SysRq. (haven't tried MoL yet).

The latter two aren't X but kernel issues.