Quad SMP on G4

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Tue Apr 17 23:16:11 EST 2001

>How do you lock something in the _TLB_ ?
>
>Avoiding the removal/overwrite of some critical hashtable entries is fine,
>but you can't prevent any TLB entry from being purged by replacement HW.

Right, you can't lock on 6xx/7xx (well, maybe on 603 ?), I was thinking
about the hash table in fact.

>From an earlier discussion with Paul, I think the problem is in
flush_hash_segments, which must not flush anything used by the
flush_hash_segments routine itself
(so the kernel code and datas used by flash_hash_segments must be sticky).

This problem can't happen when using BATs for kernel memory obviously.

Ben.