boot params

Ethan Benson erbenson at alaska.net
Mon Apr 16 21:46:25 EST 2001

On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 12:38:17PM +0100, Iain Sandoe wrote:

> > Ethan Benson wrote:
> >> the kernel HFS driver is unreliable.
>
> Hmmm.  What do you mean?  I use it a lot (without problems AFAICT) - is
> there something I should know?

apparently people get occasional filesystem corruption when copying
larger files around.  its always been rather shady since nobody really
gives a damn about it.  which is why something as important as the
kernels should not live on HFS.  and bootloaders should live on a
never mounted tiny HFS partition managed by hfsutils or preferably
ybin.

it comes up on irc here and there.

--
Ethan Benson