DMASOUND->rev6 (2.4.3)(attn: Xine, MOL, PowerComputing, ibook, Tumbler)

phandel at cise.ufl.edu phandel at cise.ufl.edu
Sat Apr 7 20:39:08 EST 2001

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Iain Sandoe wrote:

> Please include the "i138" in any bug report -it's my local BK cset
> identifier for the patch.
[snip]
>  - fix bug where TX stops when dbdma status comes up "DEAD"
>    so far only reported on PowerComputing clones ... but.
>    (PowerComputing clones - NOT TESTED - please let me know what happens).

Nope, I can still kill sound by merely moving the mouse.  Here is the new
line from the console:

Apr  7 03:31:13 like kernel: dmasound_pmac: tx-irq: xfer died - patching
it up...

...but sound is dead, along with the player app, just as before.

This was with Paul's 2.4.3 (slight patch to work around missing
process_bridge_ranges) and both patches you mentioned in this email.

Thanks,
Peter