External Monitor under Pismo

Michel Dänzer michdaen at iiic.ethz.ch
Thu Apr 5 08:22:43 EST 2001

"Jason E. Stewart" wrote:

> > > Should I just use apt-get to grab the server source, or do I need Ani
> > > Joshi's tree especially?
> >
> > Both should be more or less equivalent. The best would of course be to get
> > it from CVS.
>
> Fine by me. What repository should I use,
>    anoncvs at anoncvs.xfree86.org:/cvs

Yes. Note that the current trunk doesn't contain CRTOnly anymore in "favour"
of a "UseBIOSDisplay" option (very portable ;). I suggest getting the
xf-4_0_2-branch .

> or is there a PPC specific tree I need?

There's only Ani's tree I know of, but the r128 driver is rather well
integrated in the official XFree86 so you shouldn't need it. And I personally
prefer submitting stuff upstream directly.