External Monitor under Pismo

Tuomas Kuosmanen tigert at ximian.com
Wed Apr 4 01:15:13 EST 2001

Hi!

"mirror" works fine for me even on kernel 2.4.3 on my Pismo. Weird. This
kernel is from Ben's rsync and it contains the pismo sleep code as well.

    rsync -avz --delete penguinppc.org::linux-2.4-benh linux-2.4-benh

I got scared because I am going to GUADEC (a GNOME conference in
Denmark) this weekend and it would have sucked badly if it didnt work,
but so far it looks good :o)

I originally had just a binary of "mirror" which worked, but I compiled
the one which was attached to Jason's mail and it worked as well.

Best wishes,

Tuomas

On 03 Apr 2001 04:24:12 -0700, Andrew Sharp wrote:
> Does your laptop have a key sequence that will switch the output
> from LCD to CRT(external monitor) and back?  Mine does.  Fn-F8.
> It's directly tied to the hardware and doesn't need any support in X
> or Linux.  Of course it's an x86 laptop, but it's the same video
> controller, so maybe your Pismo has something similar?  I have to
> hit it a couple-o' three times to get it to switch, and it does a
> three way deal: LCD, external, and both simultaneously.

> "Jason E. Stewart" wrote:
> >
> > Hey All,
> >
> > So after 7 months of flailing I finally got my Pismo to run it's
> > external monitor port, yeah!!!
> >
> > 3 days before I had a talk to give about our OpenSource project, I
> > realized I was going to be using OpenOffice under linux, and I
> > couldn't actually drive a projector... So after I got done panicing I
> > hit google. I find a link on the YDL lists about the 'mirror' program
> > that appears to have been originally written by Paul Mackeras.
> >
> > It gives me the functionality I need, but unfortunately it doesn't
> > seem to work with 2.4 kernels, only 2.2. The program is doing some
> > pretty low-level memory mojo which I am clueless about.
> >
> > Could someone slightly wiser point out what would change between 2.2
> > and 2.4 that would cause this to break? Is it the base memory offset
> > for the framebuffer?
> >
> > Cheers!
> > jas.

> >                 Name: mirror2.c