External Monitor under Pismo

Jason E. Stewart jason at openinformatics.com
Tue Apr 3 06:18:34 EST 2001

Hey All,

So after 7 months of flailing I finally got my Pismo to run it's
external monitor port, yeah!!!

3 days before I had a talk to give about our OpenSource project, I
realized I was going to be using OpenOffice under linux, and I
couldn't actually drive a projector... So after I got done panicing I
hit google. I find a link on the YDL lists about the 'mirror' program
that appears to have been originally written by Paul Mackeras.

It gives me the functionality I need, but unfortunately it doesn't
seem to work with 2.4 kernels, only 2.2. The program is doing some
pretty low-level memory mojo which I am clueless about.

Could someone slightly wiser point out what would change between 2.2
and 2.4 that would cause this to break? Is it the base memory offset
for the framebuffer?

Cheers!
jas.