xf 4.0.1 + ati driver with rage II/rage pro

Michael Schmitz schmitz at zirkon.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de
Sat Sep 30 01:34:44 EST 2000

>  > Mr Shapiro, please test if this makes the ati driver work in your
>  > triple-head box.
>
> No luck.
>
> Booting with BootX, the ati driver still hoses linux when X starts.  I

That's not fixable at the X level (well, technically it is but I can't
figure out how and the X people refuse to consider that method). You will
need to boot via OF and yaboot (or equivalent oldworld) directly, not via
BootX to avoid the PCI resource conflict. Alternative: fix the resource
conflict at the kernel level, new patch by me in the works.

	Michael