beige g3 rage II xf4.0.1 and miBoot

R Shapiro rshapiro at bbn.com
Fri Sep 29 08:59:02 EST 2000

Claus writes:
 > when you're in OF a 'devalias' should do it

It says the internal ide is /pci/mac-io/ide at 20000.  Making this the
boot-device causes an instantaneous DEFAULT-CATCH.

I ran quik 1.3.1 in linux beforehand, with a reasonable quik.conf.
I'd rather have used the MacOS quik - that's always worked better for
me on other machines that boot this way.  But in this case it says
it's unable to write to the ide drive.  That was MacOS quik 1.3 - if
there's a 1.3.1 version for MacOS, I couldn't find it.

 > boot-device = ata0/ata-disk at 0:x (x=root in hex,)

OF is "unable to open" any variant of this I could come up with.

Thanks anyway, but I guess this machine is stuck with BootX.

rshapiro at bbn.com