Xfree86-4.0.1, Lombard, Mach64 driver, X-server Crash

Jon Erick Ween jween at som.llu.edu
Fri Sep 29 03:51:38 EST 2000

Michael

I tried the changes you suggested, no difference. (I couldn't figure out
what you meant by "layout at the end.", was there more to the email that
didn't get through?)

But, honestly, I can't see why these changes should influence whether or not
the Xserver detects the video device. That seems to be the main problem.
It's looking for a particular device at a particular memory address
(presumably specified by the "ati" driver file) and is not finding it. I
thought switching from BootX to yaboot would fix this, but it hasn't. (I
thought I recompiled everything under a yaboot startup, assuming this would
fix the device name and memory specifications in the finished driver, but
maybe not. I'll do this again in any case, just to be sure.)

Do you have any other suggestions?
--
Jon Erik Ween, MD

Cognitive and Cerebrovascular Neurology

Assistant Professor
Loma Linda University School of Medicine

Director, Stroke Program
Loma Linda University Medical Center