MPC405 - supported?

David A. Gatwood dgatwood at deepspace.mklinux.org
Wed Sep 27 03:35:53 EST 2000

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, David Edelsohn wrote:

> 	Are you referring to the IBM PowerPC 405 embedded processor?  IBM
> part numbers are PPC405 (not Motorola MPC505).  I am pretty sure that the
> 4xx numbers are IBM parts.
>
> 	I have seen patches from MontaVista for 405 support in the
> toolchain, so they may be working with PPC405 chips.

Yeah.  We demoed an IBM-built 405GP development box at the LWE a few weeks
ago, running some Hard Hat Linux-based setup acting as a web server, IIRC.
I'm not sure to what extent the various embedded controllers and stuff are
supported, but the core functionality works, anyway.  :-)

David
a.k.a. dgatwood at mvista.com

A brief Haiku:

Microsoft is bad.