[RFC] IPC64 with glibc-2.2 and linux-2.4

Franz Sirl Franz.Sirl-kernel at lauterbach.com
Mon Sep 25 20:10:45 EST 2000

At 08:51 25.09.00, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
>Franz Sirl <Franz.Sirl-kernel at lauterbach.com> writes:
>
> > I'm especially interested in:
> > - did I get the alignment and data types right everywhere? also right for
> > PPC64?
> > - I would like to bump ipc64_perm.seq to 32bit as it is internally in
> > linux-2.4. Is this safe for userspace? Why didn't the other archs bump
> it to
> > the kernels size?
> > - other comments?
>
>The patch looks reasonable to me but I cannot decide about using it
>since the kernel would have to be changed first.

Yeah, I know. But it's no problem for me to push this change into the
kernel after some people (including you :-)) have agreed to the principle
of the patch.

What about 'seq'? Can I safely bump it to 32bit for userspace in the final
patch? I see no need for the kernel and userspace being different here, but
all other archs are limiting it to 16bit, so there may be a reason...

Franz.